03 February 2010

Roller Coaster ride

I realize that I haven't written anything in a really long time. It's most likely because this last year has been one tremendous physical roller coaster ride. I'm hoping that now that year is over mama bear's health will continue to improve.

Mama Bear experienced a pulmonary embolism in January 2009. She rode with the paramedics to the hospital from the Doc's office as she was in atrial fibrillation. Mama Bear was quite put out because there were no flashing lights or sirens. She has a bet going with Papa Bear that she'll be the first w/ the flashing lights and sirens. So far it hasn't happened although she had a repeat ride in July. Papa Bear's ride -- some years ago -- had no flashing lights or sirens either.

The rest of the year, Mama Bear has had her heart go into atrial fibrillation "av a til". (That's Norwegian. I can't think of the word in English so this will have to do.)

Mama Bear continues to make quilts for her baby bears -- who are no longer babies. She is now making quilts for her grand baby bear who is expected to make her appearance soon. Mama Bear and Papa Bear will travel to Virginia to see the little bear as soon as she comes -- or he comes if the sonograms are wrong.


No comments: